Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Days 26-28 - 07.02.11 - 07.04.11

Hopefully this will be my last lumped post for a while. I am home now and things should resume their semi-normal schedule (if there even is such a thing as "normal" in my life!)

1. Yesterday was my birthday. It was great - one of the best I've had in years. I stayed at Mom & Dad's until lunchtime (they fixed my favorite - bbq sandwiches, baked beans, potato salad, and strawberry cobbler). YUM!

2. Then I drove home through one heckuva thunderstorm - the rain-blowing-sideways, can't-see-three-feet-in-front-of-you type. Thankfully, we had a safe journey home anyway.

3. I got home, and had a rockin' good time with Jeff & B. We went to Olive Garden (one of my faves!), then saw Transformer (oh my wow!!!)

4. My little man fell asleep on my shoulder on the way home. So sweet!

5. I am so glad I was able to help Mom the last few days. I learned so much in the process that I can use in nursing school, and I think she was glad to have me, too.

6. I am also really glad to be home now. I missed Jeff.

7. Speaking of Jeff - he worked hard for me while I was gone. He fixed a curtain rod, took a bunch of junk down to the basement, and even cleaned up the mess in the kitchen that I hadn't had time to deal with before I left.

8. I'm really excited about what's going on with HBC. We needed $42,500 for our first payment for our startup supplies and materials. God did some pretty amazing stuff over the last week, because He pulled together almost $30K in just a few days - $10K over what we needed! How great is that???

9. I'm also really excited about the way God is growing our launch team. We're now at 30 people, and I just have this feeling that it's really going to start taking off now. I am soooo thrilled to have been a part of it from the beginning, because it's been such a faith-building experience to see how God's worked in this.

10. I struggle a lot with feeling unloved and unlovable. Dad & I were talking about it, and he gave me some advice of how to more easily make friends. I'm a lot like him, personality-wise, and I really look up to Dad. He's such a great leader. He shared with me some of the ways he overcame the same tendencies I have to be a social klutz. I'm really grateful to him for his advice.

11. My pets were so glad to see me. I'm grateful that God let some animals be our friends, and not just be for food or work.

12. God is showing me a lot through our ladies bible study. It's easy to assume that we are good because we don't commit the "major" obvious sins, such as stealing or murder or that sort of thing. But things like doubt and complaining are also sins, and they are the kind that do the most damage - yet we are blindest to them. I'm thankful for the people and books in my life that can point out to me the things I need to change about myself when I am too dense to see it.

13. In the words of Erma Bombeck: "You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness.  You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism." Glad I live in the good ol' U. S. of A. Maybe it's because my birthday is on Independence Day, but I have always felt a sense of pride in my country and my heritage. Although it saddens me to see the nation as a whole turn from God, I also take solace in knowing that there are still many of us here who love the Lord with all our hearts.

14. There may be someone who wants to buy some of my pictures! Dude!

15. I slept fairly well last night - in my own bed. I'm thankful to have a bed - especially one so cool as what I've got. Dad made it for us as a wedding present. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please chime in - I want to know what little things you are grateful for. What makes your heart sing?