Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 31 - 07.07.11

1. I finally have a working phone line!!!!

2. Our ladies' bible study was so great last night! I so appreciate these women, and their willingness to share with me in the areas that, despite having been a Christian most of my list, I am really quite clueless about.

3. I gave myself a birthday present - a totally new 'do! I've waited for several years to get my hair long enough that I could donate it to Locks of Love, and it finally got there. I have wanted to do that for ages, and I'm so thankful that my hair was finally healthy enough to be able to donate.

4. I am thankful that God included in his Book stories of people who struggled just like I do. I'm thankful I'm not the only one in history who's had hard questions. I'm thankful that I'm not the only only who had problems with doubt of fear. Mostly, I'm thankful that God is patient with me, and that He included stories of people like Gideon so that my faith could be strengthened.

5. I'm thankful that science and medicine have been able to deal with so many illnesses. Granted, we still have a long way to go, but it is easy to take for granted just how far we've come over the last few decades. I am grateful to God for giving us the creativity and intelligence to deal with the challenges we are faced with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please chime in - I want to know what little things you are grateful for. What makes your heart sing?