Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 40 - 07.26.11

1. I had the best time with Braeden last night. He curled up in my lap and we watched old X-Men cartoons on Netflix. I totally enjoyed my snuggle time!

2. After X-Men, we read Exodus 7 together. It's the beginning of the ten plagues, and Braeden was so interested in it that he wanted me to keep reading! I couldn't because my throat hurt, but I'm looking forward to reading together tonight. It did my heart good to see his interest. I've done a terrible job of teaching him about God, and I'm trying to do better.

3. It seems a lot of my gratitudes revolve around food... what does that say about me? ;) At any rate, I dug up an old recipe and made these uber-delish pumpkin muffins, and everybody dug in! Even Braeden liked them, which is saying something. I loved seeing my boys enjoy so much something I cooked. It's rare that we all like the same thing.

4. I'm thankful for the chance to work a few extra hours last week and this week.

5. I'm thankful that we were able to get all of Braeden's school supplies and enough clothes to at least start the year. Having a dress code for the first time meant a new wardrobe, but God provided enough for us to be able to get him what he needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please chime in - I want to know what little things you are grateful for. What makes your heart sing?